Now a days,Having a website is the most important step towards expanding your business online which helps to keep all your clients socially intact with your company.This not only increases your trustworthiness but also the revenue.Apart from this,this is also assumed to be one of the most easy way to earn money online. You can create your own website easily to promote your business online.There are mainly two kind of websites:
- First one,For which you have to pay nothing i.e. they are totally free.
- Second,The premium ones having custom domains viz .com,.to,.Asia,.in,.net etc.They I need prior investment(you have to buy a custom domain for this category)
When we talk about free websites,you must keep in mind that there are certain limitations on this kindda websites viz.
- You can’t use plugins here
- You can’t install third party themes etc
- Google also doesn’t pay much importance to these websites as most of the spamming on internet is done through “Free”.so,the crawling bots ignore the webpages bearing such data.
THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN IN THIS POST:
- How to create your own WordPress powered website/blog?
- How to customize your website?
TUTORIAL: CREATING YOUR OWN WORDPRESS WEBSITE/BLOG EASILY
The process we are going to discuss here involves mainly these steps:
- Buying a Domain name for your website
- Buying a reliable web hosting plan
- Installing WordPress
- Things to do after installing wordpress
We shall be discussing above mentioned points in the undermentioned procedure 🙂
1.BUYING A DOMAIN
It is the very first step you gonna take to build your web place.A domain name is like a name plate for your online house or a brand for your business that you are going to expand.so,it is a must to choose a good domain name that describes your business niche in a well defined manner.There are certain points you should keep in mind while choosing a domain name:
- It should be short enough to get remembered easily .
- It should be simple and easy enough to be understood by all.
- It should describe your web niche(!important)
- It should not contain any special characters (preferable)
- It should contain your website keywords.
You can consider the above points as a checklist while buying a domain name.
FROM WHERE TO BUY DOMAIN NAME?
There are many domain registrars present over the internet which sell domain names.you can register your domain name through any of these but the most trustworthy registrars that I have came across are go daddy , namecheap, bigrock .You can prefer go daddy as it provides a great support and cheaper cost as compared to other regstrars.Also,there are wide variety of coupons available online for godaddy through which you can avail a decent discount over your first domain purchase.You can go for namecheap also in case the domain name you want isn’t available somewhere else.
CHOOSING A GOOD WEBHOST CLIENT
After buying a domain name, you get the brand name for your business.Now,what you need is a place to setup your company.This space is provided to you by a client present in the market.These are known as “WEBHOSTING CLIENTS” as they provide you a platform where you can host your business i.e you can store all your files, work,documents, themes,plugins etc here.There are many web hosting providers on the internet such as Hostgator ,Bluehost ,filehost ,Godaddy,wordpress etc which provide web hosting in different ranges.
Many web host clients offer FREE WEB HOSTING also which is nothing but a myth.Free web hosting is never as good as it seems.These clients offer you good bandwidth,storage space,cache flush facility, web building tools etc but only for a limited time after which they charge a heavy amount .So,I would suggest you to never go for a free web hosting plan if you are serious about your business rather buy a decent web hosting at a decent price from Bluehost ,Godaddy etc as these are the most trusted web host clients.WordPress also provides self web hosting service which is also a good option for WordPress website hosting as it provides you regular updates with the content management system framework.
INSTALLING WORDPRESS ON YOUR DOMAIN:
WordPress is said to be the most versatile and featured content management system (CMS) as it provides greater number of customization options as compared to other CMSs viz. Blogger,joomla,bootstrap etc.
After buying a web hosting plan,the next step is to Install WordPress for your website.Most of the web hosts provide one-click WordPress installation.The WordPress installation procedure that we are going to discuss here is the famous FIVE-MINUTE WORDPRESS INSTALLATION PROCESS.
The different web hosts provide different installation techniques for wordpress.such as:
- Installing WordPress through Mojo Marketplace
- Installing WordPress through Softaculous
- Installing WordPress through FTP
- Installing WordPress through Fantastico
- Installing WordPress through Quickinstall
The above written are the various auto-installer tools offered by the webhosting providers.These tools are integrated in your web hosting cpanel dashboard and you can access them easily.
For instance,we are going to discuss here How to install WordPress in bluehost via Mojo Marketplace. So,here we go 😀[sociallocker id=”1630″]
- First of all,login to your web host account and go to the cpanel dashboard.
- Click on “website” and it will take you to a screen where you can see the available one-click install package options like as shown below:
- From the options, choose “WordPress” and click OK.
Now,A screen will appear where you will be presented with an overview of WordPress and option to install WordPress on your domain.
- Next, Enter the domain name for which you want to install WordPress and click “check domain”.
In the next step,It will verify all your site data and will assign a nickname “mysite” to your site. Here,you can enter your WordPress admin login credentials and save.Then click on “install now“.
- The installation process would start now and you have to wait till the process completes.
- Once the process is complete,you would be greeted with a welcome popup and an option to view your saved credentials.
- You can click on “view credentials” to view your saved login info.
Here,you will be shown with your WordPress login details which you can use to login to your WordPress admin panel .
In this way,you can install WordPress on any web host account.The only thing that differs is that they all provide different auto-installer scripts and tools but the procedure is same as above in all the case.so,what are you waiting for ?? Just give it a try !
Checkout more interesting stuff Here .
THINGS TO DO AFTER INSTALLING WORDPRESS:
Ahoy! Now that you have installed WordPress,its time to get the most out of it for your website.After installing WordPress,here are a couple of things you must do to customize your website:
- Choose & customize a theme of your choice which relates to your website/blog niche(I’ll be clearing this out in the next post)
- Install the mandatory plugins(wait for next post)
- On-page & Off-page optimization(mentioned in upcoming posts)
- Publishing blog posts(stay tuned!)
- Download apps to handle your website/blog on smartphone(will be covered in next post)
Hopefully,this article proves to be useful and informative for those who are just looking forward to start a web portal for their business as well as for those also who wanna step in the blogosphere. Follow the above steps and if you have any doubt’s regarding them,you can shout out in the comments below anytime 🙂
Please do subscribe us for regular updates directly landing in your inbox 🙂
Have a great time !